Monday 16 April 2012

Look What I Made Monday

In my day job, I work from Tuesday to Saturday which means that I don't work on Mondays. It's usually my "do home stuff day" and if I am going to start a project, it'll usually be on a Monday.
So today, I trawled the internet looking for something to make.
And came across a recipe for a Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake over at Alexandra's Kitchen. This link will take you directly to the recipe so I am not going to retype it here.
I will however use one of her pictures, because it was this picture that sold me on making this cake.
Well, that and the fact that it's a breakfast cake. I come from a long line of women who firmly believe that cake breakfasts are the best kind of breakfast because you have the whole day to burn off the calories.
Does this not look delicious? Pic by Alexandra's Kitchen.
Okay, so now we're going to return to my silly Instagram and phone pics.
Here is what you need:

Just a note: I used dried blueberries because I couldn't find fresh. They were quite small so I used about a cup. Having just eaten a piece of the cake, I would recommend fresh, or I see from the comments on the original recipe, frozen work well too.

And here is how mine came out:
It is absolutely delicious. The outside is crunchy and sweet and the inside is moist and fluffy. I think fresh blueberries would be better because they are more juicy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment