Friday 4 May 2012

Local Friday: Soetcookie Ceramics

One of the things that has been on my wishlist for the longest time is one of these bunnies by local ceramicist Soetcookie- which is the work of the very talented Tanya Laing.
The name Soetcookie directly translated from Afrikaans means "Sweet Biscuit", but it's more like a sugar cookie.
Look how cute this little fellow is! They come with various faces, colours and ear directions but this is my favourite. It's like he's asking a question with his ears. I think he's saying: "Can I come home with you?" Soon, my little friend, soon.
Tanya also does other little creatures. I love that her stuff is really sweet, but can have a bit of an edge or some humour to it.
He's crying 'cause he also wants to live with me.
These plates and cups are so much fun. They're ceramic but are meant to look like paper plates and cups.
It's genius.


To visit the Soetcookie website, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment