Monday 14 May 2012

The Perfect Bag

So I'm back from my travels. I will be blogging some pics as soon as I've had a chance to look at them all. But fear not, it wont be one of those situations where you're forced to look through 4000 of someone else's holiday snaps.
I have been in the market for a new handbag for a while. My old "everyday" bag is a giant Nine West number that was beige to start with and is now a weird shade of "just plain hideous". It was pretty, but it wasn't practical.
There are a few things I require of my everyday bag. It needs to be big enough to fit a reporter's notebook. It needs space for all the other things that wind up in a woman's handbag. And most importantly, it needs to have a shoulder strap or a cross body style. I know this now because my last bag just had regular handles and in my job, I found myself hanging on to my bag in strange places while also trying to write notes in a notebook. My next bag needed to be hands free, I told myself.
Enter this guy:

It's by Fossil and it's called the Maddox cross body bag. I saw it in a shop in Holland and fell in love with it. But I didn't buy it right away because it was a little over my daily spending limit that I set myself. So I spent the whole afternoon thinking about it, and when I was on the way back to the car, went in and bought it. It made me feel a little better that it was marked down from 160 Euros to 80 Euros. But it still felt like a lot to my South African wallet.
It is everything I want in a bag. I love the colour. It's real leather. It's well made and will last a long time. These are the things I told myself while I was trying to make up my mind whether to buy it or not.
And now that I have it in my possession, I'm happy to report they're all true.
I did however take the ornamental key off, because it jingled when I walked. And that was annoying.
Here it is from another angle:
Pretty right?




No comments:

Post a Comment