Wednesday 11 July 2012

Mugged with Skinny laMinx

Last Thursday I headed to Cape Town designer Heather Moore’s Skinny laMinx studio for a workshop on ceramic transfers.
Nine ladies each got a mug and got to go mad with Heather’s designs which had been screen printed onto transfer paper.
The transfers are placed into water for a little while and then you move them onto the mug, remove the backing and smooth the water out.


I love Heather’s flower designs and went for a grey and yellow, floral theme.
Actually, most of us went for grey and yellow. I threw some little turquoise hearts in there too just because I could, and I liked the process of sticking things on.
My stupid camera battery died so I couldn’t take any photos. But the lovely Michelle, from itswhatiminto was there, and she took beautiful pics. Both pics in this post are hers.
This is my mug:
-The cost of the class was R275 including the cost of the materials, drinks and snacks. Heather will be hosting other classes, usually on Thursday nights, so keep an eye on her website for that.
-To check out Skinny laMinx fabric, illustrations, designs and various other prettiness, go here or visit her cute little store on Cape Town's Bree Street
-To see more of Michelle’s pics from the workshop, go here
-She also runs her own street fashion blog and to see some of that work, check out Cinder and Skylark.

No comments:

Post a Comment